But, first, some context: Most organizations now use multiple video collaboration solutions and hardware, such as Microsoft Teams or Google Meet, alongside their traditional video conferencing systems. In addition, customers also need to connect to various cloud base conferencing solutions, for instance Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, BlueJeans, Starleaf, or a Zoom room connector etc. Each has a different joining experience.
Unfortunately, meeting participants often waste valuable time trying to join virtual meetings from systems that simply won't work together. It is also often difficult for users to remember multiple joining workflows for different hardware configurations and meeting types.
Watch our quick overview video of the features & functionalities in Enterprise Room Connector
To address these challenges and help reduce user complexity Pexip launched a product to ensure companies have all the tools available to join virtual meetings, independent of the individual participant’s device and preference. This is the Enterprise Room Connector. In addition to providing an easy join experience across multiple platforms and devices, the Enterprise Room Connector also supports the same security, privacy and data control as one is used to from the Pexip solution.
As a result, the Enterprise Room Connector quickly became a great success. To enhance the Enterprise Room Connector further, we sought valuable insights from our customers, including feedback such as:
“We want this for our self-hosted environment.”
“We want to be able to manage our video systems through your platform.”
We listened to your feedback and we are delighted to tell you that you can now have the full benefit of Enterprise Room Connector on all deployment models:
- Interoperability with Microsoft Teams and/or Google Meet
- Control Data
- Meeting invitations through Outlook/Exchange for Teams and Google Calendar for Google Meet
- Easy join experience: One-Touch Join into the meeting you need to be in
- Video collaboration on any device (PC, Mac, Tablet, iPhone or android mobile devices and traditional video systems)
- Immersive meeting experience – Adaptive Composition, AI-based solution provides real-time framing of the speaker for any endpoint
- Custom branding for a personalized meeting experience
- Call control and registrations for your Cisco (and Poly, coming soon) video endpoints
- Improved Analytics & Insights (Pexip Control Center)
In addition, our new add-on, Enhanced Room Management gives you access to a suite of extremely valuable tools and features:
- Provisioning of configurations, commands and macros
- Address books
- Provisioning of branding profiles
- Direct, passive and proxy room provisioning
- Software upgrades
- People count (depending on video system)
- Debug tool
- Integrated Certificate Authority provisioning
Enhanced Room Management: Dashboard
Interested in hearing more? Contact us to get started!
- Room connector