What do car buyers actually want from you today? Personalised services anywhere, and digital engagement with flexible appointments.
Consumer Research Habits
Online consumer research, especially from mobile devices, is now commonplace. According to studies, 84% of UK consumers use their mobile to research a car purchase.
There is growing demand for online experiences to deliver more than research only propositions – increasingly, consumers desire to complete the full buying cycle digitally.
Whether it's a live video appointment showing a vehicle remotely or in-store and in-person, your consumers now expect to have the option to choose.
Virtual Experience First
Retail analysts, like Womble Bond Dickinson, are predicting internet sales to account for 53% of retail sales in the coming 10 years, driven by Gen Z as their demographic becomes half of the UK’s adult population.
Video-powered, person-to-person customer engagements can be used at every step of the buying journey to personalise the experience:
Real-time & in-person car demonstrations
Associate consultations and recommendations
Customer services, pre- and post-sales
VIP & brand experiences, including new product offerings
End to end digital sales cycle
Customer Relationship is Paramount
The most effective dealerships in today's marketplace will be those that fundamentally reimagine their customers' experiences. This means developing business models that blend physical, virtual and community experiences into a single customer journey. Adopting technologies and infrastructure that support joined-up customer journeys in a hybrid shopping world will be vital to your success.
Digital life cycle solutions for both customer engagement and vehicle association will need to be flexible, scalable, secure and private, and provide personalised experiences to maintain customer loyalty and repeat custom.
Better Customer Experience leads to more spend
- Companies with a customer experience mindset drive revenue 4-8% higher than the rest of their industries
- Two-thirds of companies compete on customer experience. Companies that lead in customer experience outperform laggards by nearly 80%
- 96% of customers say customer service is important in their choice of loyalty to a brand
- 73% of consumers say a good experience is key in influencing their brand loyalties
- Loyal customers are fives times more likely to purchase again and four times more likely to refer a friend to the company