Up until now, many customers have found it difficult to find SIP join information on Google Meet meeting invitations as the join information was hidden away under “More joining options”.
We are pleased to announce that Google has now made it easier to find and join Google Meet calls from third-party conferencing systems and devices by giving admins the option to automatically add SIP join information to new meetings in a more visible location under the “Join by phone” option.
How does this affect Pexip Customers?
For new Pexip customers:
- This new higher visibility of SIP joining information will be the default recommendation for all new Pexip customers.
- If you’re using Pexip with a third-party calendar service, you will be able to join Google Meet video calls with just one click from the device.
- If you’re using Pexip with Google Calendar, SIP meeting codes will automatically be added to new Calendar events.
For existing Pexip customers:
- These features will be turned off by default. To take advantage of them, you need to reach out to your Pexip partner to make the necessary changes.
- It is important to note that you must be using your own calling domain e.g. addresses in the style <meeting id>@example.com or your own subdomain on onpexip.com e.g. addresses in the style <meeting id>@mydomain.onpexip.com.
Already using the shared domain (gmeet.pexip.me) and want to start using your own domain/subdomain? Please contact your Pexip partner to initiate this process.
For more details about Pexip's Google Meet integration please visit:
Pexip Infinity customers will also have the option to enable this.
References to the Google Workspace setup and the associated Pexip Infinity call routing rules can be found here:
Configuring Google Workspace for Google Meet integration
Configuring Pexip Infinity as a Google Meet gateway
Alternatively, One-Touch Join allows you to bypass this manual joining process and creates a single, seamless joining workflow. All you need to do is tap a button on your conference room system or mobile app and your meeting is launched.