We are pleased to announce that Pexip now offers customers the ability to use the industry leading Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller (E-SBC) to enable Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) on the Pexip Service platform. This enables Pexip customers to call out to PSTN (standard phone) from any video endpoint registered on the Pexip Service using the Oracle E-SBC.
- Improves security by leveraging network-based edge security using Session Border Controllers (SBCs). Ideal for customers who have higher security environments.
- Provides encryption for the PSTN connectivity.
- Allows you to take advantage of already negotiated prices with your carrier.
- Increases value and reach of your video meeting rooms.
- Enablement is quick and easy.
- Removes clutter from your physical meeting room. Only one device is needed for calling out.
How does it work?
The user places a call from their Pexip-registered video endpoint using a pre-defined prefix. The call is routed to the closest Pexip Service location. Pexip routes the call to the carrier via the Oracle E-SBC where the call is accepted, and then delivered to the destination PSTN number.
If you are a Pexip customer, or want to become one, and want more information on this feature, read more here.
If you are a Pexip partner and want more information on ordering and configuration, read more here.