Technical Support Engineer – Berkshire, UK
What’s the opportunity?
If you enjoy the intricacies of various communication protocols, problem solving, and can communicate your processes to others so they get as much of a kick out of it as you, then this is the job for you!
Pexip support is extremely proud of its customer satisfaction ratings and is seeking similarly enthusiastic engineers to maintain this quality. We believe in enabling people rather than managing them. Working closely with Sales Engineering, R&D, and Documentation teams, the customer support team is at the forefront to ensure the smooth operation of the Pexip product.
Pexip’s Global Support Team is flexible about working locations in order to best meet our customers’ needs. However, being located in or near the Reading UK area is a plus. The engineer will have to work out of UK time zones.
Role and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities for the position include:
- Works with customers to troubleshoot reported problems, identify root cause, and resolve the issue
- Able to triage technical situations effectively and efficiently
- Capable of evaluating multiple different resolution paths and evaluating best possible outcomes independently and with customer service owners
- Able to communicate highly technical issues to non-technical people to explain why issues are occurring and what can be done to improve the situation
- Able to effectively prioritize cases based on urgency, impact, and customer need
- Conduct and maintain competitive research and knowledge around the Unified Communications and Collaboration market
- Identify and recommend possible optimization tasks to customers
- Communicate and work closely with the sales team related to ongoing events with customer situations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years relevant experience in post sales technical support
- Good technical understanding of Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Zoom, Bluejeans, and other related partners/competitors in the visual collaboration landscape
- Good technical understanding of virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Proven track record in technical support and have sound knowledge of technology
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Ability to rely on experience and sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to juggle a variety of complicated tasks, and be comfortable working independently with remote support
- Display extremely strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess strong presentation skills