Most of the time our users spent in the iOS app for Pexip Service was in active meetings. In this release we’ve dramatically improved the in-call experience for meetings and direct calls, be it audio or video calls.
So what’s new?
- Brand new connecting state that transitions from seeing yourself to the self-view in-call 👨🏼💻
- If you hide the self-view by swiping it off the edge of the screen you can tap the eye icon to have it reappear
- Background color changed from blue to pure black
- Button sizes have been made larger to make them easier to tap with your thumb
- We’ve simplified the button positioning so that the most important buttons are at the bottom of the screen while the less frequently used ones are at the top
- Access chat by swiping up from the bottom while your phone is in portrait mode
- Switch between presentations and incoming video while the chat is open
- Buttons in landscape are now always on the opposite side of the camera on your phone to reduce the numbers of times your finger may cover your camera
- Video calls and audio calls now share the same button sizes and positions
- Extensive automated testing has been added behind-the-scenes to improve the reliability of the in-call experience in all future releases
- Performance improvements as a result of optimising the underlying code
🙏 Love Pexip? Think there’s something we can improve? Help us decide what we should build next by providing your feedback! E-mail email@example.com with your thoughts.